First cabin built in Stratton by C.V. Bailey and his sons. Logs used are from several miles up the Muddy Creek and were pulled to the building site by horses. It served as the house for the Bailey family, a general store and post office for the town of Stratton. The cabin has been moved twice since it was built in the spring of 1879. The last time it came to the Little House Museum in 2012. Several logs were beyond use and they were replaced by trees again from up Muddy Creek.